Thursday, March 3, 2011

Restless...

Have you ever had a time in your life where you are just restless? That’s been my life for the last month or so. I feel like I am going through life waiting to get to the point where I actually get to live. Right now, it’s work, work, school, sleep, work… Trust me, it’s getting old! It’s funny because even as I type these words, I know that I have a life that is full of fun and friends, but I still don’t “feel” that way. I am working hard to pay off some debt, so I worry about money. I am working hard to finish my master’s degree this semester, so I worry about my M.A. paper. I am working hard to get my office organized, so I worry about the 6 boxes of ‘stuff” that I need to go through one sheet of paper at a time.

But, all of that boringness is peppered with some true times of fun with great friends. I have great friends who I met at church and have been growing closer to. I actually do have a social life full of dinners out, bouts of laughter, and truly funny moments (see evidence below).

My sister (Stephanie) and I tried tubing at the same time on a trip to Lake Cumberland... it didn't actually work out all that well. :-)


Carrie, Trina, and I at Jungle Jim's market in Cincinnati Ohio. We were total geeks about all the great cheeses they had to offer.

July 2010 - Marquette Michigan at a Cajun restaurant with (left to right) my Uncle Todd, Aunt Julia, Mom, brother in law Roman, sister Stephanie, myself, and cousin Alex.


Dancing with my sister and Guy on new year's 2010. You just have to dance to NKOTB!

Roman, Stephanie, and I at a Michigan football game (well, we are walking to the game, at least)


Maybe I am just in a funk, but I have this overwhelming desire to just starting living. Surely, there will come a point where it gets easier, right? It’s like I am so focused on meeting all of my obligations that I forget that this life is flying by. I don’t want it to pass me by. Anyway, sorry for the random post, but that’s just where I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment