Friday, October 21, 2011

Fur-Baby Friday!!!


Meet Socks Arthur Hill. He was my very first cat and the reason I love cats SO very much! I had been begging for a cat for a while, but my dad absolutely wanted nothing to do with cats. Anyway, on June 5th, 1990 (my 10th birthday), my wish was finally granted and my mom brought Socks Arthur home to live with us for 17 amazing years.

That first night my dad was so furious, he insisted that Socks sleep in a box with holes, since he "didn't want a cat wandering around while we all sleep." Socks was too smart, though, and quickly he started doing just what my dad didn't want!

I have lots of great photos of Socks, and I really do need to scan some of them in to my computer... photos of him in pink bonnets and baby dresses, photos of him strapped into a stroller, photos of him swimming in the wading pool, and photos of a little girl who loved her cat dearly. It's because of him that my passion for animal rights is alive.

The photo above was taken shortly before he passed away. He was a great cat, and I loved him dearly. Thank goodness my mom didn't listen to my dad when he said, "no cats." After all, it was my dad who cried the loudest when Socks passed, so it's safe to say that they became the best of buddies over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment