Friday, May 18, 2012

Fur-Baby Friday!

This is me with my very first little guy, Socks Arthur Hill. He was my 10th birthday present. I had begged my parents for a cat for years, and my mom finally gave in June 5th, 1990. This photo was taken the next year. I am pretty sure I was 11 in this photo, but it may have been the Spring before I turned 11. Socks turned my dad into a cat-person, and he cemented my love for all things feline. He was a Maine Coon mix, and an absolute character. Socks lived to the age of 17.

2 comments:

  1. This picture of you is spectacular. I love your sweet face and all the yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally a photo from the early 90's, right? :-) Socks was just reaching a year old and I was totally enthralled with him. I remember begging my mom to take this photo with him. He was a monster in the photo studio, but we managed to get one lone good shot of us together and this was it. Notice my tight clench on him... Yep, he was struggling to get away. That said, Socks was spunky to his death, and I can't imagine my childhood without him. :-)

      Delete