Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 4 = My Parents



These are my parents - Dale and Carol. I honestly have always been close to my parents and rarely go a day without talking to at least one of them. My mom is a tax accessor and my dad is a CNC machinist. They got married when they were 25 and 29 and are still married. They haven't always had the most peaceful relationship, but most of those problems have revolved around money - don't they all?

I am probably closer to my mom mostly because I am a mini-version of her. We both love to read, feel compassionate about animals, are Jesus followers, love to travel, and are strong, independent women. We tend to have the same views about the world, and strongly value each other's opinions. My mom is one of the only people who could succeed at getting me to change my mind. And I am the same for her.

My dad and I share interests too. We both like to watch sports, especially football, have formed an interest in gardening, love the history channel, and try our best to steer clear of an argument. Although we have clashed on topics, I think we at least respect each other enough to know when to hush up. :-)

My parents are my rock. I know they would do anything for me. It's nice to have that safety net, not that I use it all that much. I wouldn't be who I am today without them, and I am infinitely proud to be their daughter.





No comments:

Post a Comment