Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 6 = A Picture of Something that Makes You Happy


This sweet girl (the cat, not me) is named Tabitha and I took her in and found her a new home. She lived at the apartment complex where I used to live, and after months of getting her to come near me, I snatched her. She was extremely feral when I started with her. In fact, she lived in my bedroom away from my animals, and I was so afraid she would attack me in my sleep, that I slept on the couch. That said, after about 5 months, she found a forever home with a co-worker of my sister and she became quite the snuggle bug... and filled out pretty nicely as I've heard. :-) Sadly, there was another cat at that same apartment complex that I was not able to capture. I often remember Rufus, as I called him, and hope that he made it, although the life of a street cat is tough, so I am not overly confident in that outcome. Either way, through my patience, I was able to make a difference in the life of sweet Tabs-magee, as I used to call her. She was/is such a sweet cat who just needed someone to take the time to care for her.

Oh, and by the way, I did eventually get to sleep in my bed again, although it was about two months that I spent on the couch. She was worth it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment