Thursday, June 9, 2011

Momma cat gets spayed!

So, I have a really soft spot in my heart for cats. I would love to rescue every one I encounter, but know that I can't. I am fortunate enough to live in the apartment building farthest back in our complex, thus out of the line of traffic, and there is a family of cats who the neighbors all love and feed. In the 14 months since I have lived there, I have seen her give birth 3 times. So, I decided, enough is enough, it was time to get her spayed. Thus far, she has trusted me enough to let me pet her and hold her (briefly), so I used her trust to capture her and get her to the humane society to be spayed. That was yesterday.

I love her dearly, and plan on releasing her once she is healed, but oh is she mad!!! Anyway, I am happy because I don't have to see her 6 lb. body birth any more babies.

Here are two pictures of her hanging out on my car... she used to do that pretty often. Time will tell whether she forgives me enough to do so in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment