Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 24-Something you’ve learned

Hmm... there are loads of things I have learned... I guess I'll pick one thing I learned the hard way:

Credit cards are extremely dangerous. I applied for and received my first credit card when I was 18. I have had them since then and I haven't always been the most responsible user of my credit cards. A couple of years ago I had wracked up over $15,000 worth of credit card debt... a huge amount for someone making $20,000 annually at the time. With alot of hard work, and a significant raise, I am making considerable progress toward getting that debt paid off. But, it just wasn't worth it. The meals I bought on my credit card, the shoes, the jewelry, and everything else, just weren't worth it.

All of you who haven't fallen into this trap, DON'T! It's much easier to budget and save for those items you need, and you'll value them more, trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment