Thursday, November 10, 2011

November Gratitudes - Day 10 (swimming)

Today I am grateful that my parents recognized how important it was for me to learn to swim and enrolled me at the YMCA when I was young (5 months, actually). Not only am I able to save my own life in the water, but swimming remains one of my most favorite things to do. Because my parents valued the importance of learning how to swim, I was able to get my first job as a lifeguard, I am able to teach swim lessons to little ones and show them the joy of the water, and I am able to find fun and exciting things to do around the water every summer! Yep, today I am grateful that I am part fish and feel completely at peace in the water!

My friend Liz and I at Lake Michigan in August of 2000


Rafting with a church group in Tennessee - July, 2008


Myself and Stephanie at Lake Cumberland - August 2009


Rafting solo at Lake Cumberland - August, 2009


Trying to throw me off the tube - they never succeeded! August, 2009


Jet Skiing on Lake Independence - July 2010


Relaxing on Lake Independence - life is good! July, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment