Saturday, November 12, 2011

November Gratitudes - Day 12 (good neighbors)

Today I am grateful for good neighbors. I am infinitely lucky that I have the wonderful neighbors that I do. My neighbor upstairs, Lorie, loves cats as much as I do. We each have more cats than we should, and take time to feed and care for the feral cat family that live in our parking lot. Below me lives Greg. He is a fellow graduate student, so we get to co-miserate on the stresses of coursework and life while trying to break into academia. Across the hall is Brenda, a sweet woman who watches out for me; plus she has an adorable golden retriever named Jake. Next door lives Shayla, a kind single mother, and her two kids. They are honestly the best kids ever! Finally, down the hall lives Barbara, a sweet retired woman and her dog Bella. She fundraises for the March of Dimes, loves her dog, and is always so excited to engage in a conversation. Honestly, I hit the neighbor jackpot, and I am so grateful to live where I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment